Augmedics is fully focused on becoming a leader in breakthrough technologies for surgery.
To achieve our goal, we constantly develop cutting-edge technologies which will be the foundation of future surgery.
Would you prefer to look directly at your patient while navigating?
navigating without xvision
Surgeon looking at distant screen
IR line-of-sight interrupted by other team members standing between camera and patient
Lengthy set-up time
navigating with xvision
Surgeon looking at patient
IR camera placed on surgeon's head giving surgeon full control of IR line-of-sight
Novel markers and frames for safer, easier, and faster deployment
xvision allows surgeons to fully focus on what they see inside a patient’s anatomy, without having to look away to a monitor. Vital real-time information is therefore available to them in an intuitive manner and with no external distraction.
The xvision system will also utilize an array of sensors and collect surgical information which, when connected to a big data system, will analyze and process the data, using profound learning algorithms to provide alerts and suggestions to assist the surgeon during the procedure.
Augmented Reality see-through lenses
Wireless head-mounted display
NVIDIA Tegra processor
The intuitive xvision™ system provides clear visualization and surgical navigation of each and every one of the spinal vertebra. As such, it is of great benefit in surgeries for degenerative spine issues, correction of spinal deformity, tumor resection, and general spinal trauma cases. The xvision system is invaluable in surgical workflow management and can also reduce stress in the working environment.
When working with the xvision navigation system, you’ll be able to preset key parameters such as trajectory projections in the customizable user interface. You can also pre-select the implants you plan to use, as well as the surgical tools you think would work best for the presenting patient. xvision also has an automatic tool selection feature. Whichever instrument you choose to navigate with, you’ll find it has an on-screen tool that gives you quick access to its controls for speedy changes.
From the moment you pick up the scalpel – and until you have the implants securely in place, xvision keeps you fully aware of the precise position of both instrument and implant, so you can:
• View the unique anatomy of your patient throughout the procedure, whether open or minimally-invasive, which is useful when it comes to choosing the implant most appropriate for each vertebra and so optimize your biomechanical construct.
• Streamline rod placement.
• Assess and save potential virtual screw positions.
• Plan your access, osteotomies, and implant trajectories intraoperatively.
• Quickly and easily configure settings or use your presets and previously defined preferences to reduce preparation time.
• Easily switch between complex open cases and minimally invasive cases, with navigated instrumentation designed for each step in the chosen spinal procedure.
Dr. Tami Harel
QA & Clinical Affairs
Director of Innovation